Search
>
brand
>
cuervo family
The Cuervo family
In the sophisticated climate of La Habana in 1882 that Armando Rio y Cuervo, with the help of his brothers, took on the management of the jewellers established by his uncle Ramón in 1882 (from whom the name Cuervo y Sobrinos, Cuervo and nephews).

The company grew and prospered: partly thanks to the vitality and wealth of La Habana and partly thanks to the family's outstanding commercial and creative ability. In a short time, "La Casa" - the name given to the jewellers on Quinta Avenida, an emblematic arterial street in La Habana - became the most important jewellers in the Cuban capital and its fame was known the world over.

In less than fifty years, the combination between the quality of products and the Latin spirit conferred the brand such reputation and credibility that Cuervo y Sobrinos decided to expand its production.
Three offices were opened in as many key points in Europe: Pforzheim in Germany, where the precious stones were selected, Paris, in Rue Melzy, where the jewels were realised and, later on, in Switzerland where the company established its watch manufacturing in La Chaux-de-Fonds, which to this day is still the capital of Swiss watch-making which counts.

During that period Cuervo y Sobrinos distributed and commercialised both their own creations and important trademarks of the sector.
The family gained such fame that some of the noblest jewellery houses decided to engrave the name Cuervo y Sobrinos on their faces in confirmation of the importance achieved by the""House". In a short time the Cuban signature created a space for itself among the most prestigious watch brands in the world.

Over the years the jewellers expanded and changed premises, first in Calle Muralla and finally in the prestigious area of Calle San Rafael. An affectionate international clientele, with members from the world of literature, science, politics and entertainment, habitually visited the boutique during their travels to Havana.
The ""Libro de oro"" and the photos kept in the vault of the old shop testify that Hemingway, Neruda, Gable, Churchill, Einstein and many other characters of that time were clients of the Cuervo y Sobrinos boutique.

The deep passion of collectors has made the survival of these pieces possible to the present day - unmistakable witnesses of luxury, elegance and style of life in bygone times.

Today, the brand has established its headquarters in Switzerland, where all the house's pieces are realised: watches with great identity, differing by origin, history and design. The legend is reborn and the Cuervo y Sobrinos name is once again known all over the world as a synonym of elegance and personality.

The new models are not copies of the past but created using the same philosophy and repropose the original "taste" of Cuervo y Sobrinos: an exception mix of exoticism, Latinity and warmth on one side and rigour, "savoir-faire" and Swiss technology on the other.





1

2

3
<  Habana 1882  |  The story of cys today  > 

Customer Service
Customer Service
For any question, please contact our Customer Service, which is capably and professionally at your disposal